Monday, February 11, 2013

Blogging: Take 2

Today I am taking a second stab at this blogging thing.  I was so excited about recording the exciting and special moments of our lives on this blog. Then 2012 hit!  And I didn't manage to write one post all year long. 

Along the way, we added a fourth member to our family.  It has been chaos - wonderful, blessed chaos.  And I am learning along the way that the old adage is really true:  "Enjoy the small things. One day you will wake up to realize they were the big things." 

So, here is a post to a few recent small things.

It poured rain today in Durham.  So we had to bundle up Baby Michael to protect him from the cold rain.  When we arrived to play school, I found this "bandit" was looking for a way out of his blanket!  He looks like a little masked man who was just busted by his Momma.



I felt sorry for the teachers and kiddos today because the last hour of play school is normally spent running around outside on the playground.  It is also nice for the mamas to know that a lot of energy will be burned that way.  Not today, though!  As it turns out, Mary Lu's teachers had a surprise for them on this rainy day... TENTS!!  She was having a ball running in and out of the 3 tents with the other girls.



Mary Lu loves to lay down beside Michael and ask me to take their picture together.  Today, though, she laid her "Baby Boy" beside Michael then used her camera to take their picture.  It took her several minutes to get the 2 boys lined up just like she wanted them.  And they obliged her when she said, "cheeeeeeeeese!"



Tonight was Daddy/ Daughter Date night! Eric came home from a work trip, picked up Mary Lu in her blue and white gear, and took her to watch the Duke women's basketball team play Virginia Tech.  Mary Lu was beyond excited, jumping up and down, ticket in hand!