Thursday, October 02, 2014

**tap, tap** Is this thing on???

For Mary Lu's first birthday, I was inspired to start a family blog.  It was a fun adventure for about 3 posts.  It was all downhill from there!!  I checked today before writing this entry and it has been 20 months since my last post.  Things have changed a touch since then.  :)

                         
THEN                                                                             NOW

Last month, I noticed The Nester's October blogging challenge was coming up and I decided to take it!  Her challenge - to blog every day for 31 straight days starting October 1.  I love to write but can easily get bogged down in "catching up" on the blog.  So, I decided to take the challenge and allow my theme to be WRITE WHERE WE ARE.  Rather than spend the next 31 days stressing myself out by trying to catch up with what has happened in our lives for the past 20 months, I'm going to jump in and write about what's going on with us right now.  I always have a funny story about something Mary Lu said or Michael did.  So, I will retell those here for the month of October.  And if I manage to sneak in a "catch up" blog or two, we will consider it a bonus!  

For now, here is the first half of a majorly fast fast-forward to "WRITE" WHERE WE ARE.

Picking up where we left off in 2013...

EASTER 2013, Destin, Florida
(Can someone get these poor children some sunglasses?)


SUMMER 2013, Durham, NC
(We packed up and moved to Richmond, VA.)


AUGUST 2013, Destin, FL
(Michael turned 1.  In keeping with our family tradition, he ran a fever all day.)


FALL 2013, Our New House!!!!
(Now that we've lived here a year, I think it is prettiest in the fall.)


OCTOBER 2013, Nashville, TN
(Mary Lu turned 3.  It was the perfect fall day for a party at the park.)


HALLOWEEN 2013, Richmond, VA
(The cow and the cowgirl)


DECEMBER 2013 - Richmond, VA
(Someone came ready with her list for Santa!)


CHRISTMAS 2013 - Gallatin, TN
(All smiles - so hard to catch him still enough to get a picture.)


CHRISTMAS 2013 - Union City, TN
(Exchanging presents on Christmas morning.)