Saturday, October 04, 2014

Michael's songs

Michael is a little songbird.  Case in point...


"THE LORD'S ARMY"
(Sung while eating dinner at Zoe's last week.)


I love to hear him sing but have to sneak to do it.  He does not perform for audiences, including his Momma, just yet!  To capture a video of Michael singing requires stealth. Luckily, I can be sneaky.


"JESUS LOVES ME," take 1
(Proving my point that it is quite an undertaking to get footage of the songbird.)



"JESUS LOVES ME," take 2
(Or, as Michael calls it "This I Know.")


His favorite song right now is "Noah." Our school morning routine is to listen to "This is the Day" (my request, and since I'm the boss, ;) I get to pick the first song of the day.) Michael begins to voice his request immediately, so "Noah" is always on deck.  When "Noah" is over and the next song begins playing he says, "it's too much for me.  Noah.  Again." He could listen to it on repeat - all day, every day.  While I consider "Noah" on repeat to be a downside of his current song obsession, listening to him sing "twosies, twosies" is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard. (As soon as I manage to catch him singing this, I will post it.)

He also loves "Rocky Top." He bursts into "Rocky Top" anytime we talk about football. One night this week, when I was rocking and singing to Michael at bedtime (our pre-bed routine), I let him request what I sang for him.  He picked "Rocky Top."

One last solo from Michael, the songbird. Again, totally hiding my phone to snag this one.


"PRAISE HIM, PRAISE HIM"
(He's a multi-tasker - reading and singing at the same time.)